|Genre:||Mystery & Suspense|
- Excellent reconstruction of the locations in the Vatican and CERN
- Ewan McGregor and Ayelet Zurer
- Nice explosions
- Too "talky", like Da Vinci Code. Dan Brown's books are generally talky ... in the middle of a suspense/action scene, Langdon would remember some conversation with a student from years ago. That's fine and even necessary in books on conspiracy theories, where you have to go into background, but it kind of drags a film when you have to qualify every term with historical explanations and/or pseudohistorical diatribes.
- Acting did not seem all that convincing.
- WAY non-canon. Major plot and theme elements from the book were removed, some apparently for political correctness.
- Questionable science, even more questionable history
Verdict: If you haven't read the book, see it ... if X-Men Origins: Wolverine is not showing